MVP Proven Squeegee Blade Selection Guide
Squeegee blades from MVP are manufactured from the highest quality materials available, to exacting tolerances, meeting or exceeding OEM specifications. The extra investment and commitment to quality means your customers will get a squeegee that will fit and perform perfectly -- making you look like the expert!
Many competitive after-market and some OEM Manufacturer’s squeegees use lower grade “white” gum rubber for their tan gum blades. Squeegees manufactured from this lower grade material do not have the strength and durability qualities that blades from MVP will exhibit. Also, all blades manufactured by MVP are cut using precision equipment to ensure uniformity and edge quality.
Here’s how our blades stack up against blades from other manufacturers:
“White” Gum Rubber vs. MVP Tan Gum Rubber
Tensile strength 3100 psi Tensile strength 3500 psi
Tear resistance 170 Lbs/in. Tear resistance 280 bs/in.
NBS Abrasion resistance: 62% NBS Abrasion resistance: 95%
So this means that squeegees from MVP will have 13% more tensile strength, 65% greater resistance to tears and 46% greater resistance to abrasions while still exhibiting excellent flexibility to properly conform to rough and uneven surfaces.
MVP Tan Gum (Tan)
Differs from other manufacturers gum rubber squeegees
- MVP uses VERY HIGH grade gum rubber w/additives to increase durability. Others use white industrial grade (common)
- Almost twice the elongation and twice the tensile strength
- Average resistance to chemicals and abrasion
- Good balance of overall performance and price
- NOT for oil/grease environment
- Good for general cleaning
- Do not use w/harsh cleaning chemicals
MVP Durashield (Red)
Competing w/Linatex (red)
- Specially formulated premium squeegee material with superior flexibility
- Excellent abrasion resistance on rough floors
- Highly resistant to harsh cleaning chemicals
- Best balance of overall performance and price
- Excellent results in a variety of applications
- NOT for oil/grease environments
MVP Neoprene (Black)
- Phenomenal abrasion resistance
- Best characteristics in oily & greasy cleaning applications
- Could leave black marks on high gloss floors**
MVP Urethane (Natural)
- Premium, improved performance over neoprene
- Non-marking in oil/grease applications
- Good resistance to oil, grease and chemicals
- Excellent durability and wear characteristics
- Tear resistance is not as good as Tan Gum or Durashield
- All others are extruded – our Urethane is poured into a mold
- More labor intensive and expensive to produce
- Can be poured in any color for special situations
- Harsh chemicals
Worn Squeegee Blades
A worn or dirty squeegee blade will cause streaking and poor solution removal. Prevent this by making sure:
- Edges are clean and square
- When the edge of the blade gets rounded, cut, wrinkled or torn—turn it around or replace it. Both sides are useable.
- Have extra blades on hand for quick replacement. Under normal conditions a blade will last from 2 to 6 months, depending on frequency of use and type of floor.
- Check the squeegee adjustment. Blades should lightly touch the floor.
Some citrus-based and other cleaners may damage tanks and squeegee rubber. Check with the manufacturer to ensure compatibility.
For over 20 years, equipment dealers and service centers have trusted MVP with their business. You, too, can count on MVP's PROVEN, quality squeegee blades to make floors cleaner and your customers happier!